
He may be the frontrunner at the bookies to be the next James Bond, but Aaron Taylor-Johnson isn’t exactly channelling 007’s suave style just yet.
The 28 Years Later star, 35 – who first found fame as heartthrob Robbie on Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging in 2008 – arrived at Venice Film Festival this week sporting a somewhat shaggy look.
The Nowhere Boy actor was hardly recognisable under a white cap, sunglasses and a mountain of brunette, curly hair, which seems to have grown out in recent weeks and months.
Aaron, who is married to 58-year-old filmmaker Sam Taylor-Johnson, has also grown a sizable beard.
According to WWD, Aaron is at the Italian festival to attend the Giorgio Armani Cinema Club, which aims to gather actors, brands and influencers during the festival, alongside the likes of Cate Blanchett and Sadie Sink.
It is rumoured this new rugged look from Aaron is for a new role in Werwulf, which will see him collaborate once again with Nosferatu director Robert Eggers.


While not much is known about the film at this stage, it also reportedly stars Lily-Rose Depp and Willem Dafoe, though this is unconfirmed. It will be set in 13th century England.
At a Lincoln Centre Q&A Eggers said this film, slated to be released on Christmas Day 2025, will be his ‘darkest’ yet. How festive.
One thing’s for sure; Aaron’s new barnet and facial hair is not for Bond, unless we’re finding the famed spy in dire straits for the next long overdue installment.

After Daniel Craig stepped down following 2021’s No Time To Die, there’s been a barrage of never-ending rumours as to who will get the keys to this particular Aston Martin next.
New owners Amazon MGM, who are responsible for finding Daniel’s 007 successor with full creative control bought from longtime Bond producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G Wilson earlier this year, haven’t given much away.
But the odds are well and truly on. After former favourite Idris Elba ruled himself out, and Aaron became the frontrunner, with other tipped actors including James Norton, Henry Cavill, Jack Lowden, Tom Holland, and Callum Turner.


It was reported in March last year that Aaron had been offered the role, but this story was quickly shut down as an insider told the BBC there was ‘no truth’ in claims Aaron was joining the franchise.
But now a year-and-a-half on, Aaron is being awfully coy about his next role following 28 Years Later and its sequel, 28 Years Later: The Bone Temple, which are being filmed back-to-back.
Quizzed by Deadline at the horror movie’s premiere on Wednesday night he said: ‘I can’t talk about it.’
The Kick-Ass star was already being led away before the question was asked, and he flashed a smile after the cryptic answer.
Not only that, but earlier this year Aaron was also unveiled as a global ambassador for Swiss label Omega, which has been the Bond franchise’s go-to watch brand since 1995’s GoldenEye, with every 007 since Pierce Brosnan wearing their timepieces on screen.
Got a story?
If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.